When I started blogging, I never thought it would turn into such a social adventure for me. But as I explored more and more sites and discovered so many amazing people and ideas out there in the blogosphere, I got hooked. I feel like I’ve made some wonderful online friends and I enjoy reading all the things they write. There’s so much creativity in the world! If you haven’t really roamed the blogosphere before, go do it.
Recently, I’ve been nominated for awards by other bloggers. It’s a little overwhelming. For me, it truly is an honor just being nominated. So, thank you!
mannalexandra was kind enough to nominate me for the WordPress Family Award — reserved for folks in Cyberspace who are unceasingly kind, sympathetic, encouraging, and open to laughter – and who keep each other going by sharing, commenting, and making personal connections even though they may actually be virtual strangers.
I am honored.
Corky St. Claire of Ghostly World and Maddie Cochere of Breezy Books nominated me for the Liebster Award.
I’ve been asked to answer these questions:
1. What is your favorite song? Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
2. What was the last thing you ate? Popcorn with extra butter at the movies
3. Do you prefer to read from an eReader or a paper copy? PAPER!!! Anyone who knows me knows that this is a huge issue with me. Paper. Only paper.
4. List your five favorite movies? Gone With the Wind, West Side Story, Splendor in the Grass, Black Swan, and A Christmas Story
5. What writing project are you working on now? I’m trying to get back to a mystery novel that I started to write. I can’t figure out the ending. That could be a problem.
6. Are you allergic to anything? Nope
7. Do you have any real life stories that start with, “This one time at camp…” No. Mostly because I refused to go to camp.
8. How do you handle telemarketers? I hang up. My husband has conversations with them, but I don’t have the patience.
9. When was the last time you wrote someone a letter by hand and mailed it? Yesterday
10. Besides writing, do you have any other artsy talents? I’m a pretty good flute player, if I do say so myself.
11. What is your favorite joke? The old corny standby that I learned when I was in 2nd grade:
Q: What’s worse than finding a worm in your apple?
A: Finding half a worm! HA HA 🙂
And now, it’s my turn to identify the next Liebsters and WordPress Family Award nominees. (Guidelines here for anyone who wants to participate.) I hope you’ll visit their blogs. I know you’ll love them.
this man’s journey
Higher, Higher, Higher!
On the Homefront and Beyond
Add Your Piece of History
Main Street Musings
The Urge To Wander
a physcial perspective
Back On The Rock
Like you I am honored to be included – thanks so much–and you are super deserving of these awards
Awww, shucks. Go on! 😉
Congrats:-) Thanks for listing the additional blogs as well.
Congratulations Julie. You are a tremendously interesting writer with a prolific use of words and “knack” for making you feel like we are on your adventures with you. Oh, and yes, because you’re my niece!
Thanks, Nancy! I’m having a lot of fun with this blog. I hope it shows!
Thank you for reading it and commenting when you do. It makes it all the more fun for me.
Congratulations, Juliann. I still haven’t been able to bring myself to give up my paper books. There is something so soothing about the feeling of paper pages, and the luxury of turning back to reread a passage.
I’m with you completely! I love everything about reading/holding/hugging paper books. Whe a book is especially good, I close it and study every detail of its cover. Then I flip through it again, read the acknowledgements and dedications and author blurbs. I just like holding it. I can’t imagine ever switching to electronic formats instead.
Congratulations! And thank you so much for including me in this great list of blogs 🙂
“Comfortably Numb”- I haven’t heard that song in a long time – and what a great song it is. I will make a point of listening to it this evening!
An oldie but a goodie. I listened to it today, as a matter of fact. Then realized how mellow my personal playlist is. It’s a wonder I don’t fall asleep when I listen to my music. 😉
You of course, more than deserve these awards and I’m very honored to have been included in the shoutouts, thank you!
I handle telemarketers exactly the same way you do. In the beginning, it seemed to shock people, especially my coworkers but really, I have better things to do than waste time and words on something I don’t need.
I don’t like being rude, but at the same time, I’m hoping less and less people will want to be telemarketers and I’ll get less phone calls. Hanging up is as polite as I can be.
I enjoyed reading your answers! I’m off to the kitchen to grab some popcorn and come back to listen to Pink Floyd. I’ll be checking out your blog recommendations, too!
Pink Floyd AND popcorn sounds like a magical night. 😉
Congratulations on your award, Juliann. I’m with you on both the camp and the apple. 😀
Glad you liked the apple joke! I don’t know why that one has stuck with me for so long, but I guess I just find it humorously gross.
Enjoyed your acknowledgement Juliann 🙂
I readprefer paper book too, and have no patience for telemarketers, and love four of the five movies you listed. (Shall have to check out Splendor in the Grass) Can’t say i know one end of a flute from the other though 🙂 Congratulations! I am touched and honoured to be part of your family 🙂
I knew we were kindred spirits! 😉