When I started blogging, I never thought it would turn into such a social adventure for me. But as I explored more and more sites and discovered so many amazing people and ideas out there in the blogosphere, I got hooked. I feel like I’ve made some wonderful online friends and I enjoy reading all the things they write. There’s so much creativity in the world! If you haven’t really roamed the blogosphere before, go do it.
Recently, I’ve been nominated for awards by other bloggers. It’s a little overwhelming. For me, it truly is an honor just being nominated. So, thank you!
mannalexandra was kind enough to nominate me for the WordPress Family Award — reserved for folks in Cyberspace who are unceasingly kind, sympathetic, encouraging, and open to laughter – and who keep each other going by sharing, commenting, and making personal connections even though they may actually be virtual strangers.
I am honored.
I’ve been asked to answer these questions:
1. What is your favorite song? Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
2. What was the last thing you ate? Popcorn with extra butter at the movies
3. Do you prefer to read from an eReader or a paper copy? PAPER!!! Anyone who knows me knows that this is a huge issue with me. Paper. Only paper.
4. List your five favorite movies? Gone With the Wind, West Side Story, Splendor in the Grass, Black Swan, and A Christmas Story
5. What writing project are you working on now? I’m trying to get back to a mystery novel that I started to write. I can’t figure out the ending. That could be a problem.
6. Are you allergic to anything? Nope
7. Do you have any real life stories that start with, “This one time at camp…” No. Mostly because I refused to go to camp.
8. How do you handle telemarketers? I hang up. My husband has conversations with them, but I don’t have the patience.
9. When was the last time you wrote someone a letter by hand and mailed it? Yesterday
10. Besides writing, do you have any other artsy talents? I’m a pretty good flute player, if I do say so myself.
11. What is your favorite joke? The old corny standby that I learned when I was in 2nd grade:
Q: What’s worse than finding a worm in your apple?
A: Finding half a worm! HA HA 🙂
And now, it’s my turn to identify the next Liebsters and WordPress Family Award nominees. (Guidelines here for anyone who wants to participate.) I hope you’ll visit their blogs. I know you’ll love them.
this man’s journey
Higher, Higher, Higher!
On the Homefront and Beyond
Add Your Piece of History
Main Street Musings
The Urge To Wander
a physcial perspective
Back On The Rock